Hair Growth Advice - Increase Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables

Hair loss is a problem that many men and women suffer from. I suffered from hair loss for several years until I decided to do my own research and find a way to grow my hair back. One of the things that helped me to fight my hair loss was increasing the amount of fruits and vegetables that I ate.

Eating fruits and vegetables is very important because they contain many of the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for promoting hair growth. Some of the vitamins that eating a variety of fruits and vegetables can provide you with are Vitamin A, vitamins from the B family, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Vitamin E and Vitamin K. Some of the minerals that one can obtain by eating a variety of fruits and vegetables include calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium and zinc.

\"hair Growth\"

It is extremely important to eat several servings of fruits and vegetables everyday because many of the foods that people eat on a regular basis do not contain the essential hair promoting nutrients mentioned above. The reason for this is most of the foods that individuals consume these days have been heavily processed, altered from their natural state to increase shelf-life. When foods are processed, they lose many of the important vitamins and minerals that they contain. It is also important to keep in mind that the fruits and vegetables should be eaten when they are ripe or fresh because in this state they are easier to digest, and, as a result, less taxing on the body.

Hair Growth Advice - Increase Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables

Vegetables are probably best consumed as a part of your three core meals of the day: breakfast, lunch and dinner. For breakfast, one option that I have found to work well is an egg white sandwich with lightly sauteed bell peppers and spinach. The egg whites are a good source of protein, which is also essential for hair growth, and the bell peppers and spinach provide a solid serving of vegetables to start the day.

For lunch and dinner, there are many more options available. Most cuisines (i.e. Greek, Mediterranean, Chinese) offer dishes that contain meat, rice and a couple of servings of vegetables. One of my favorites is the chicken platter offered by many Mediterranean restaurants. The platter at the place where I often go contains a serving of chicken breast, rice, mixed salad and yogurt.

This meal is excellent in terms of the nutritional value that it provides. The chicken breast and yogurt are excellent sources of protein. The rice is an excellent source of carbohydrates, which provide us with energy to make it through our day. The mixed salad consists of an assortment of vegetables, which contain several of the essential vitamins and minerals that are necessary for hair growth.

Fruits are probably best consumed as a snack as they are very convenient to eat. Some of the fruits that I eat are apples, peaches, plums and strawberries. After working out, I also prefer to have a fruit smoothie because they are great energy boosters and help me to recover quickly from a very strenuous workout. I also include milk in my smoothies to have another source of high-quality protein in my diet. The variety of fruits that I eat as a snack and include in my smoothies ensures that I receive many of the important vitamins and minerals that are required to promote hair growth.

After several months of increasing my consumption of fruits and vegetables, I noticed that on areas of my scalp where my hair was thinning, the hair had started to become thicker, and on areas of my scalp where I had lost my hair, I could see gradual hair growth taking place.

As a result of improving my diet, my body was able to receive the nutrients that it needed in order to promote hair growth. These changes do not require a lot of time to implement; they simply require a strong desire to live a healthier lifestyle.

Hair Growth Advice - Increase Consumption of Fruits and Vegetables

Karl Smith successfully battled his hair loss and now maintains a full head of hair. For more information on promoting hair growth, please visit his website http://www.stoppinghairlossnow.com.